Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I've had better days

Today is my weekly day off, and, as usual, I have about a million things I either want or need to do - including, yes, writing something for this blog that's marginally more interesting than watching paint dry. (Got several posts I've been meaning to write but, yes, I was one of the many who spent a significant chunk of the weekend revisiting Hogwarts. And, my god, but those books are getting darker with each one.) Unfortunately, one of the things at the top of the 'need to do' list was getting my car serviced/MOT'd in time to avoid getting hauled off to jail, or fined, or whatever it is they do to people who don't pay their car tax on time. So I did that. By the time Barry and I had fought our way, driving in tandem, through the appalling traffic jams to the garage that had looked so easy to get to when Barry checked it on the on-line Yellow Pages map, and then back again in his car, and then reversed the process at the end of the day to pick my car up, and, oh, yes, fitted in a trip to the supermarket as well, and then a second trip to the supermarket because we'd forgotten tea bags, there wasn't an enormous amount of the day left. Add in the prospect of doing the trip yet again in the imminent future to pick up the radio front that I had to order from them because I've lost mine, a depressingly large bill for the expensive things they found wrong and had to fix (including almost £60 for aforementioned replacement radio front), and a baby who spent the evening in a more irritated mood than me after having a large proportion of his nap time replaced by time spent howling in traffic jams (yes, that was him, not us), and, all in all, the day falls pretty much under the category of 'Bah'.

I will actually try to get round to writing some proper posts some time in the not-too-distant future. Hell, if I'm really feeling inspired they might even have paragraph breaks.

2 Comments:

At July 20, 2005 6:02 AM, Blogger Kitty said...

Are you sure it was the baby howling and not you ;)

 
At July 20, 2005 6:41 AM, Blogger Dr Sarah said...

Funnily enough, that sentence actually did originally come out as 'yes, that was us and not him'. I only just caught it on the rewrite. Obviously a Freudian slip. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home