Thursday, November 17, 2005

Made: One day

Wow! Lots of lovely comments. And including people I didn't even know were reading this. And apparently I have readers in Denmark, according to Trista (where on your blog? What are their names? Details!) And I've just realised I've been added to Trista's list of People Worth Reading!

So I am somewhat excited and overjoyed about all this.

And I now have a question. How did you all find this blog? Well, in a lot of cases I know the answer. I know some of you tracked me back from comments on your blogs, and I recognise Lisa and Mummyhaggis's names from a mailing list I'm on where I have this webpage in my .sig, and I know at least some people found me from Usenet groups I post to (which may well be where the Danish people come from).

But now Kateri has joined the list of commenters, and even though I've read her blog several times (and found it fascinating), I can't remember ever commenting there. Did I comment on your blog and just develop amnesia afterwards? Or did you find me some other way? And that question goes to other readers as well, not just Kateri. I love seeing strange names and knowing that I'm getting more readers, and I'd really love to know how you all found me.

8 Comments:

At November 17, 2005 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I really can't remember how I found your blog. I seem to remember linking here from somewhere else. You may have commented on mine, but maybe not. I know I added you to my bloglines feed about a month ago. Vague enough for you?

I love your blog :)

 
At November 18, 2005 7:16 AM, Blogger Trista said...

Ok, I don't know the Danish reader(s)' names. But I track the IP addresses of the people who visit my blog and right after you posted your "What about the maaaaaaaaariage phoooooooooobic?" discussion and linked to my blog I had people from all over the place visiting my little blog after having clicked on YOUR link. So. I don't remember where the others came from, I just remember being soooooo excited about the Denmark people since I am Danish and really want the Danish people to embrace me as one of their own and welcome me home.

 
At November 18, 2005 11:33 AM, Blogger Dr Sarah said...

Kateri: Damn - obviously destined to stay forever a mystery, then! Looking at your bloglist, I know I've commented on Dawn's, Hathor's & Jody's blogs recently, so you could have tracked me back from any of those.

Trista: Clever! How do you track IP addresses? Or is that one of the features I'd get if I paid for this site instead of going for the freebie option?

 
At November 18, 2005 12:51 PM, Blogger Trista said...

No, no, there are plenty of free sites that will give you all sorts of interesting facts about your visitors.

Some people I know use statcounter.com

I use sitemeter.com I think. I'll double check and delete this if I'm wrong. It's very easy to use and lets you see the IP addresses of visitors, what links (if any) they clicked to find you, what search words people searched you out on, and other such interesting things. Try it, it's fun and FREE!

 
At November 18, 2005 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use stat counter. I don't *love* it, but it does the job. I like that you don't have to display your hits on your site, you can hide the counter so only you can see it. One sucky thing is at the freebie level it only logs the last 100 pageloads, so if you get involved in a flame-war or troll incident and your hits go way up, the log might not be big enough for you to track the offending IP address in time.

 
At November 19, 2005 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, just wanted to let you know I am reading you too. Blog reading - it's the only way I can keep up with those seldom seen anymore. So now instead of reading 2-3 NGs I get to read 10-12 blogs -woohoo!! (the plus side is that I find out much more what's going on in your lives - downside is finding time to read, much less comment, & tracking down the blogs). Anyway, just wanted to let you know I'm around - I need your new address too so I can send a card & stuff (tis the season and all that).

Good gad - I see I blather as much here as I do/did on usenet!! Going now.

 
At November 19, 2005 9:05 AM, Blogger Dr Sarah said...

Woohoo! Kendra blather! This gets better and better. ;-)

 
At December 03, 2005 12:38 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Mama Drama - that whole big flame-fest after the "A little pregnant" CIO thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home